Overlocker or serger skips stitches
If the overlocker skips stitches, the problem is the needles, most of the time.
- Change both needles and be sure to put them in with the flat side of the needles towards the back.
- Always use quality needles. You can order your schmetz needles here
- Push needles as far as possible upwards.
- The left needle is always higher than the right needle.
- If the fabric is very elastic, always use stretch needles.
- Never pull on the fabric.
If it is not solved yet, check here whether the machine is properly threaded.
ADVICE: Performing periodic maintenance on your sewing machine is particularly important.
A well-maintained machine will likely run better and prevent annoying, time consuming, and costly problems later.
Order your maintenance kit here including needles, oil, brush, screwdriver, etc.