Problems with the feed dogs
The feed dogs are not coming up to move the fabric
Sometimes the feeddogs will stay down even if you have pushed the button to the right. Most times you can solve the problem yourself by pushing the button a few times from left to right, while turning the handwheel towards you. In most cases the feeddogs come up again. Please try 3 to 4 times if it doesn't work the first time.If it still doesn't work, follow the steps below.
This is how the feed dogs work:
On the back side of the free arm you find the button (in the red circle on the picture) to desactivate the feed dogs (blue on the picture). Pushing the button to the left (arrow) will desactivate/lower the feed dogs. You can find this also in the manual of your machine : "attaching a button”.
Sometimes even after sliding back and forth a few times, the conveyor gets stuck in the lower position. You can usually fix this yourself. Follow the steps below:
1. Take off needle and presser foot
2. Take off needle plate (and bobbincase and bobbin)
3. Use WD-40 under and next to the feeddogs.
4. Push the button towards activating the feeddogs, while turning the handwheel towards you. Try pushing the button to the right and left a few times. While turning the handwheel you will hear a « clic » the moment the feeddogs will be in the right « up » position. Sometimes you'll have to push the button a little bit extra.
5. If the feeddogs have not been activated/desactivated (or with a new machine!) You can move the feeddogs a little bit by hand. The grease will be better devided between the parts. Next follow steps 1 to 4.
Performing periodic maintenance on your sewing machine is particularly important.
A well-maintained machine will likely run better and prevent annoying, time consuming, and costly problems later.
Order your maintenance kit here including needles, oil, brush, screwdriver, etc.