The stitch of the overlock machine is not correct
If the stitch of the overlock machine is not beautiful, the machine is usually not threaded correctly.
- Untie all threads and remove needles.
- Set the machine for 4 threads.
- Set the stitch length to 2 to 3 and the stitch width in the middle.
- Insert (2) new needles in the right way, always use good and new needles (Order Schmetz needles here).
- Then rethread the machine with 4 different colors (see example). You can also use normal sewing machine thread for this, provided that all 4 have the same quality.
- Please ensure that the threads are between the tension discs. If necessary, pull all threads up just above the tension knobs again after threading.
- Now you can start testing, and if necessary adjust the tension slightly for each color until it is nice.
- If the stitch is nice, but it does not fit completely with the fabric, adjust the stitch width.
This is how the 4 thread stitch should look like:
Now you can thread the machine again with your own overlock thread.
Note that the better the quality of the thread, the better the result.
Also watch this movie about threading here.
ADVICE: Performing periodic maintenance on your sewing machine is particularly important.
A well-maintained machine will likely run better and prevent annoying, time consuming, and costly problems later.
Order your maintenance kit here including needles, oil, brush, screwdriver, etc.